Scottish Land & Estates is committed to providing high quality events for the benefit of its members. We recognise that on occasions delegates will book onto events and subsequently find that they are unable to attend. In these situations, we ask that members notify us of their need to cancel an event booking as soon as possible.
Similarly, the SLE will on occasion find it necessary to cancel an event and when this need arises, we are committed to taking positive steps to alert you to the cancellation as soon as possible.
The information below outlines the action to be taken in case of cancellation.
Cancellation by delegates on events for which there is an attendance charge:
If you need to cancel your booking/s for a chargeable event, our cancellation policy is as follows:
1. Please send cancellation details to the event organiser by email or by telephone as soon as possible.
2. Please inform the event organiser if you wish to send a replacement delegate, including their requirements (e.g. diet, access etc), so we can ensure that we offer them the best possible experience at the event.
3. If you notify SLE of your cancellation up to two weeks prior to the event, we will provide a full refund.
4. If you notify SLE of your cancellation less than two weeks prior to the event, the full cost will be payable.
5. Where you have booked a place at an event and do not attend without notifying SLE of your cancellation, the full charge will be payable.
Cancellation by delegates on events for which there is no attendance charge:
If you need to cancel your booking/s for a free event, our cancellation policy is as follows:
1. Please send cancellation details to the event organiser by email or by telephone. We request that delegates inform us of cancellations as soon as possible so we can reallocate the place to a person on the waiting list. Our events are often over-subscribed and your place could then be filled by another delegate.
2. Please inform the event organiser if you wish to send a replacement delegate, including their requirements (e.g. diet, access etc) so we can ensure that we offer them the best possible experience at the event.
3. SLE will accept cancellations and substitutions made up to the day of an event. For cancellations on the day of the event and for non-attendance SLE reserves the right to charge a fee of £20.
Cancellation of an event by SLE:
SLE is committed to offering high quality events that meet the needs of members and will always aim to run events once delegates have booked onto them. Occasionally circumstances will arise which result in the need to cancel an event. When this is the case the SLE will take active and positive steps to inform you as soon as possible by phone and/or email. SLE reserves the right to modify or cancel any event if unforeseen circumstances arise but we will do our utmost to avoid doing so.
Where the SLE cancels an event that you have paid to attend, we will offer you a full refund. Full advice on refunds/credits will be provided at the time of cancellation.
- These terms and conditions explain how you may use this website (scottishlandandestates.co.uk), from here on referenced as The Site.
- You should read these terms and conditions carefully before using The Site.
- By accessing or using The Site, you are deemed to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should leave The Site immediately.
- Any individual breach of these Terms and Conditions will be denied future access to The site.
- We reserve the right to modify the content of these Terms and Conditions, without notice and at any time. It is your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions periodically for changes, and your continued use of The Site means you accept these changes.
- If you have any questions about The Site, please contact us at email@example.com
Using The Site
- Scottish Land & Estates owns and controls all rights relating to The Site.
- Visitors to The Site can legally view, copy and print documents for their personal use only.
- Written permission from Scottish Land & Estates must be sought prior to reproducing or transmitting any features of this Website or documentation that is not intended for personal or in-house use.
- Viewed, copied, or printed documents must not be altered in any way, and the content must not be quoted out of context.
- Visitors are not permitted to alter, deface, or reproduce the Website design, graphics or text, including its appearance and features.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part or feature of The Site, or any other systems or services connected to The Site, by password ‘mining’, hacking or any other illegitimate means.
- You may not scan, probe or test the vulnerability of The Site.
- You may not reverse look up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user or visitor of The Site.
- You may not use any device or software to interfere with the proper use of The Site.
Limitations on our Liability
- The Company does not accept legal liability for any advice given to members either by other members or its employees or anyone purporting to act on behalf of the Company. Any advice provided to members is intended as initial guidance only and should not be relied upon or acted upon as substantive advice by the member, who should seek appropriate independent professional advice.
- While we try to ensure that The Site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any of the information you supply to us.
- Scottish Land & Estates seeks to ensure that the information found on The Site is accurate and up to date, though neither the Organisation nor its employees are legally liable for any inaccuracies, mistakes, or omissions regarding this information. Any reliance you place on the information on The Site is at your own risk.
- Scottish Land & Estates reserves the right to change, improve, substitute, or remove any material stored on The Site without notice and at any time.
- Scottish Land & Estates reserves the right to suspend, restrict, or terminate the accessibility of The Site without notice and at any time.
- Scottish Land & Estates and its employees, agents and contractors are not liable for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access The Site, or from using the information available on The Site and does not warrant that functions contained in The Site content will be uninterrupted or error free.
- Visitors should not assume that Scottish Land & Estates agrees with the views of other organisations referred to on this site through external links or other means.
- Visitors are personally responsible for their behaviour while on The Site and Blog and agree to indemnify Scottish Land & Estates and its employees from and against any loss, damage, liability, costs or expense of any kind that may be incurred in relation to a third party claim or otherwise in relation to use or access of The Site and Blog and violation of these Terms & Conditions.
- Any downloaded material and the operation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Any dispute transpiring from these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
Events beyond our control
We shall not be liable to you for any breach of these terms caused by an event or circumstances beyond our reasonable control. This may include, but is not limited to, flood, fire or strikes.
Sale of Goods or Services on The Site
The purchase of goods or services on The Site could include, but is not limited to; purchase of membership and event tickets. Your purchase and any cancellation thereof is subject to the terms and conditions of the individual event. Please check the terms and conditions on the events booking materials and get in touch with SLE HQ on 0131 653 5400 if you have any questions
We will do all that we reasonably can to ensure that the information that you give us when paying is secure by using a secure payment mechanism. However, in the absence of negligence on our part, we will not be legally responsible to you for any loss that you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any information that you give us.
All payments by credit or debit card must be authorised by the relevant card issuer. Once you have completed the online checkout process, you will receive a confirmation email..
Contributing to The Site – The Scottish Land & Estates Blog
We review all comments on the Scottish Land & Estates Blog to protect users against any content that we consider to be offensive, defamatory or liable to cause alarm. Comments will be reviewed prior to publication and will be subject to moderation only if other users or the moderators believe you've broken any of the rules below.
Moderation is undertaken full-time 9am-5pm on weekdays and on a part-time basis outside of those hours. Please be patient if your posts are not published instantly.
Scottish Land & Estates cannot guarantee that all content can be published. We will publish as many comments as possible without editing.
In order to encourage constructive debate and discussion on the Scottish Land & Estates Blog, we have created a number of rules to ensure that all users are properly protected and that nobody abuses the forum.
- Don't hide behind a pseudonym - Use your real name (first name and surname) and a valid email address (your email address won’t be published) and do not impersonate others as this is strictly prohibited.
- Be relevant - Your comment should relate to the article concerned and to the inherent issue(s). We want to hear from as many different people as possible, thus participants should keep their number of contributions per debate to a reasonable level.
- Intelligent debate means just that - We won't post comments that in our view aren't adding to the debate. In particular any sweeping generalisations about an individual, another organisation or society in general won't be posted.
- Keep it clean - Sexism, ageism, homophobia, religious bigotry and racism won't be tolerated. Comments using vulgar or abusive language won't be posted.
- Be considerate - Robust debate is encouraged, but personal attacks, designed to put down or insult others and trolling designed to deliberately anger or provoke, are not permitted. Any material that we consider to be abusive, defamatory, inflammatory, obscene, profane or otherwise offensive in any way will be deleted. Threads may be closed at the discretion of the moderators.
- Limit your links - We can't check the content or robustness of other websites, therefore we'd prefer you didn't litter your posts with lots of live links. Official sites, such as those run by Governments or councils, are acceptable. However, links to websites we consider to be unsuitable will be removed, including those with racist material, pornographic or sexually explicit material, potentially defamatory material and anything which encourages illegal activities.
- Direct any complaints - If you have a specific issue that you want to raise, or you would like to report something which you think has slipped through moderation and been posted, please contact the HQ team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No Spam - No spamming by posting of the same (or very similar) messages to lots of conversation threads and no flooding by posting over and over again the same (or very similar) message to the same conversation. No advertising is allowed, including spamming the blog with promotions for your own business, no matter how legitimate.
- Language - All postings and comments are to be in English language only.
- Parental Guidance - If you are under the age of 16 please get your parent or guardian’s permission before taking part in a conversation on the Blog.
- Transgressions - Scottish Land & Estates reserves the right to refuse or block particular email addresses where a serious breach of the rules has been deemed to have taken place and prohibit any future postings.
LandBusiness Member Magazine Prize Draw 2019 Terms & Conditions
- This prize draw is open to Scottish Land & Estates members including the member’s family and member’s employees aged 18 years or older, excluding employees of SLE, Connect Communications, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity.
- All complete entries must be received by midnight on Monday 13 January 2020. Any entries received after this date and time will not be considered.
- The winner will be contacted within 14 days of the closing of the prize draw. Should SLE be unable to contact the winner within 3 business days of notification or should the winner be unable to accept the prize, SLE reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions. SLE will not be liable for any failure, delay or inability to contact the winner.
- The prize must be taken as promoted, and no alternative will be offered.
- Entrants are limited to one entry per person. There will be one winner, and full details will be provided to the winner via the email address supplied.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of SLE and accordingly SLE may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to SLE as a result thereof.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant resulting from entering this prize draw or by the entrant’s acceptance of the prize.
- This promotion is governed by the laws of Scotland.
- The Promoter is Scottish Land & Estates, Registered in Scotland No. SC 257726.