*Information on our support pages is correct as of 09:00am on 01 June 2020*
Coronavirus (Covid-19): Support for Scottish Land & Estates members
As concerns continue to grow regarding the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19), we will monitor all information available to support rural businesses and communities and will use this page to share the most relevant guidance and updates.
As of 17 March, our colleagues at SLE are now primarily working from home, following government recommendations. We will, for now, have a skeleton-crew in the office, who are able to forward calls if necessary. If you need to contact a specific colleague, you can find email addresses on the Our Staff page. We are ready to continue offering our services to members. Whether it’s a question for our policy team or a query for our membership or regional teams, we will continue to offer members a great service.
There will be challenging times ahead for our rural communities, businesses and for wider society. The most important thing we can do right now is the heed the advice of health officials. Please follow all governmental and official guidelines to help make sure yourself, your staff and your communities remain safe.
Information on Covid-19 in relation to our areas of work:
Information on the right of responsible access throughout Scotland during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Information on current advice on aspects of deer management, including as a purpose of pest control.
Well managed forestry and woodland deliver multiple objectives for the economy, society and environment. You'll find guidelines for forestry as related to Covid-19 here.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled answers to a list of frequently asked questions we have received. This list will be revisited and and amended in the future. If there is a question you would like an answer to which is not covered here, please don't hesitate to get in touch (member log-in required).
Housing & Planning
Information on current advice for tenants, landlords and property owners.
Our overview of information which we think will be of value to members, as it is released. Additional information for anyone who works for a business or organisation, or who employs staff can also be found here.
Information on topics that impact communities at large, including messaging from and relating to Local Authorities.
Additional topics relevant to members:
Information from HMRC *Last updated 5:00pm, 17 March 2020
An outline of updates from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
Updates from the EU *Last updated 5:00pm, 17 March 2020
While we are in the transitional period following Brexit, changes made within the European Union will still apply to the UK. We'll provide any relevant updates here.
- UK Government advice in relation to travel can be found here.
- Test numbers for Covid-19 can be found here and are updated daily.
- The latest NHS updates on the Coronavirus can be found here.
- If you are a key worker and believe you need a COVID-19 test, advice on who classifies as a key worker is available here. Appointments for drive-through testing centres can be booked here.
- Are your friends, neighbours & family ok? Are you ok? Make time to talk. Remember, Royal Scottish Agricultural Benevolent Institution's (RSABI) helpline - 0300 1114166 - is open 365 days a year, 7am to 11pm.
- Different councils have various definitions of terms such as "key workers". If you have any concerns regarding terminology in your area, contact your Regional Support Officer. If you need help in finding out who your Regional Support Officer is, contact us directly.
- Advice for those with symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19 is available here.