Information on our support pages is correct as of 3:15pm on 27 March 2020.
Coronavirus (Covid-19): Support for Scottish Land & Estates members
As concerns continue to grow regarding the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19), we will monitor all information available to support rural businesses and communities and will use this page to share the most relevant guidance and updates.
As of 17 March, our colleagues at SLE are now primarily working from home, following government recommendations. We will, for now, have a skeleton-crew in the office, who are able to forward calls if necessary. If you need to contact a specific colleague, you can find email addresses on the Our Staff page. We are ready to continue offering our services to members. Whether it’s a question for our policy team or a query for our membership or regional teams, we will continue to offer members a great service.
There will be challenging times ahead for our rural communities, businesses and for wider society. The most important thing we can do right now is the heed the advice of health officials. Please follow all governmental and official guidelines to help make sure yourself, your staff and your communities remain safe.
There are 2 main routes by which people can spread COVID-19:
• infection can be spread to people who are nearby (within 2 metres) or possibly could be inhaled into the lungs
• it is also possible that someone may become infected by touching a surface, object or the hand of an infected person that has been contaminated with respiratory secretions and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes (such as touching door knob or shaking hands then touching own face)
Advice for those with symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19 is available here.
Additional topics relevant to members:
Information for businesses (Last updated 1:20pm, 25 March 2020)
Our overview of information which we think will be of value to members, as it is released.
Information for employees and employers (Last updated 6:45pm, 26 March 2020)
Information which is useful for anyone who works for a business or organisation, or who employs staff.
Information for landlords and tenants (Last updated 10:00am, 23 March 2020)
Information which will be relevant to those who let or who stay in rented accommodation.
Information from HMRC (Last updated 5:00pm,17 March 2020)
An outline of updates from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
Updates from the EU (Last updated 5:00pm,17 March 2020)
While we are in the transitional period following Brexit, changes made within the European Union will still apply to the UK. We'll provide any relevant updates here.
Frequently Asked Questions (Last updated 3:15pm, 27 March 2020)
A list of questions and answers we have compiled based on what we feel is most relevant to the membership. If you have a question that isn't answered here, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
• UK Government advice in relation to travel can be found here.
• Test numbers for Covid-19 can be found here and are updated daily.
• The latest NHS updates on the Coronavirus can be found here.
• Are your friends, neighbours & family ok? Are you ok? Make time to talk. Remember, Royal Scottish Agricultural Benevolent Institution's (RSABI) helpline - 0300 1114166 - is open 365 days a year, 7am to 11pm.
• Different councils have various definitions of terms such as "key workers". If you have any concerns regarding terminology in your area, contact your Regional Support Officer. If you need help in finding out who your Regional Support Officer is, contact us directly.
Scottish Land & Estates events
Following government guidance on the Coronavirus (Covid-19), a number of our events are being postponed. If possible, we will reschedule these events for a later date. Members who have booked places for these events will be contacted and informed of the new dates when these are confirmed. We ask that members DO NOT turn up for these events unless told otherwise, as they will not be going ahead on the previously established dates.
The following events have been postponed:
• Member's seminar: Werritty report on grouse moor management - Peebles - 17 March 2020
• Walk & Talk: award-winning Ogilvy Spirits - 20 March 2020
• Roundtable: Scottish Borders Council discussion on Local Development Plan and City Deal - 23 March 2020
• Member's seminar: Werritty report on grouse moor management - London - 24 March 2020
• Walk & Talk: Improving the energy performance of traditional stone-built houses - Haddo Estate - 24 March 2020
• Walk & Talk: award-winning Dumfries House - 21 April 2020
• Walk & Talk: Habitat restoration in the upper Dee catchment – Invercauld Estate - 6 May 2020
• Walk & Talk: Diversification into the wedding industry, Rosebery Steading - 7 May 2020
• Walk & Talk: Award-winning Sweethope Farm - 12 May 2020
• Walk & Talk: award-winning Durie Farms - 19 May 2020
• Annual Conference – gearing up for change in rural Scotland - 27 May 2020
• Walk & Talk: Award-winning Scourie Hotel - 3 June 2020
• Workshop: Bees! with Buglife & Wildlife Estates Scotland - 16 June 2020
The following events have been cancelled:
• Members’ reception @ Royal Highland Show - 18 June 2020
This list will be updated as required, so please check back on a regular basis. If you wish to receive further information about the status of a particular event, please email our Events Coordinator Jane Laing - email@example.com