Agricultural Minimum Wage ChangesGeneral News
The single minimum level of pay and terms for agricultural workers proposed is that from 1 April 2019:
• A single minimum hourly rate for all agricultural workers, irrespective of age and duties, that is equal to the UK Government’s National Living Wage of £8.21
• An increase of 30p in the hourly rate to £5.30 for workers who undertake an SCQF Level 4 or 5 Modern Apprenticeship in Agriculture or equivalent qualification
• Recognition by the SAWB that the combined window for completion of both qualifications is now 18 months
• An increase of 5p in the additional sum of £1.25 per hour for workers who have an appropriate qualification
• An increase of 24p in the additional allowance of £6.24 per working dog up to a maximum of four dogs.
• An increase in the daily rate of the off-set for accommodation other than a house that is equal to the rate under the UK Government’s National Minimum Wage of £7.55
A revised Wages Order detailing the changes will come into effect on 1 April 2019 alongside a Guide to Agricultural Wages in Scotland.
Written representations on revised rates should be sent to the SAWB by 11 January 2019. Following discussion on these representations, SAWB members will agree a Wages Order.