Drawing from over a century of experience, we exist to help rural Scotland thrive by championing and supporting rural businesses that provide economic, social and environmental benefit to the countryside.
Our members are drawn from land-based businesses and the individuals that work in or for them. Together, we are a network of people and enterprises committed to promoting a healthy and vibrant rural sector.
Scottish Land & Estates members enjoy a wide range of services and benefits, together with the opportunity to become involved in our work whilst being secure in the knowledge that their interests are being promoted at the highest level.
Networking and relationship building
- Representation of rural Scotland’s interests at Holyrood, Westminster and Brussels
- Representation in other key forums, plus work with public bodies
- The opportunity to build relationships with individuals and organisations through local, regional and national networking events
- Invitations to member-only events or discounts on open events
- Local representation through a committee led by a chairman and supported by a dedicated regional manager
- The opportunity to contribute to policy debates that influence the sector
Insights and advice
- Access to knowledge and advice documents, on everything from best practice to business growth
- Up-to-date information sheets on important policy and legislative changes that may impact your business
- A personalised membership portal on our website with regularly updated industry information and guidance for your business
- Dedicated support, information and advice from our professional policy team
- The opportunity to advance your knowledge at conferences, seminars and social events
- A quarterly subscription to Land Business – our sector magazine – keeping you up to date with member information and celebrating rural business successes
- A weekly e-newsletter with details on our latest developments and events
Discounts on goods and services
- Special rates for your property and business insurances from Lycetts
- Discount on all Ford Products exclusively for SLE members
- Preferential advertising rates in our Land Business magazine
- Free entry for professional and trade members in our comprehensive Business Directory
- New membership discounts or benefits as they become available
For a more detailed discussion on the benefits of SLE membership, please get in touch with Tony Stevenson, Head of Business, on 0131 653 5400 or email@example.com.
Benefits from Members
Aardvark Safaris is tour operator specialising in tailor made travel to sub Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. An experienced team of knowledgeable travel consultants personally design trips of a lifetime from family holidays in South Africa or Kenya, to honeymoons in the Seychelles, to gorilla tracking in the Congo and riding safaris in Botswana. Our approach at Aardvark Safaris is to listen to your desires rather than to impose our own ideas, allowing you to create your dream African holiday.
And enjoy an exclusive Scottish Land & Estates member benefit of 5% off along with other deals.
Scottish Land & Estates members benefit from the exclusive discount available over the full Nissan range, including the Navara, X-Trail, Qashqai, and of course, also covers our commercial vehicles.
An extremely efficient insulation product reducing the cost of meeting EPC standards. Up to 10 properties = 5% discount and above 10 properties = 10% discount adding even greater savings for SLE members.
As a Scottish Land & Estates landowning Member you are entitled to phone a free 30-minute phone call to our offices on: 0131 557 5742 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you. Following this discussion, if you require any documentation including letters, contracts, policies or a physical visit by a member of the Greenburn team this will be quoted at a Member price.
What can we support you with?
We pride ourselves on offering practical, sensible and affordable solutions for you and your business.
Whether you need support with:
Contracts of Employment
Employee Handbooks or one-off Policies
Salary Benchmarking - knowing what to pay when
Conduct, Performance or Absence issues
Redundancy or Settlement Agreements
Training and Development programmes
Or just a bit of advice.. We're here to support you with whatever you need.
Scottish Land and Estates has partnered with Love Energy Savings to ensure its members are getting the cheapest tariffs for their energy bills.
A 15% off Advanced Purchase Rates for stays until 31.12.2020. This will apply to all Dinner, Bed and Breakfast rates. These bookings require to be paid at the time of booking and are non-transferable and non-refundable. Promotion Code is SLE and your unique membership number.
Please note these rates apply to hotels only and not lodges. To make a booking visit https://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/hidden/scottish-land-estates-aviemore-offer
As the digital partner of Scottish Land & Estates we are pleased to be able to offer the following exclusive discount to all SLE members and partners:
A full 10% Discount on Web Design, SEO & Digital Marketing services.
To take advantage of this SLE member discount please email email@example.com with your details or call 01743 588150.