Drawing from over a century of experience, we exist to help rural Scotland thrive by championing and supporting rural businesses that provide economic, social and environmental benefit to the countryside.
Our members are drawn from land-based businesses and the individuals that work in or for them. Together, we are a network of people and enterprises committed to promoting a healthy and vibrant rural sector.
Scottish Land & Estates members enjoy a wide range of services and benefits, together with the opportunity to become involved in our work whilst being secure in the knowledge that their interests are being promoted at the highest level.
Networking and relationship building
- Representation of rural Scotland’s interests at Holyrood, Westminster and Brussels
- Representation in other key forums, plus work with public bodies
- The opportunity to build relationships with individuals and organisations through local, regional and national networking events
- Invitations to member-only events or discounts on open events
- Local representation through a committee led by a chairman and supported by a dedicated regional manager
- The opportunity to contribute to policy debates that influence the sector
Insights and advice
- Access to knowledge and advice documents, on everything from best practice to business growth
- Up-to-date information sheets on important policy and legislative changes that may impact your business
- A personalised membership portal on our website with regularly updated industry information and guidance for your business
- Dedicated support, information and advice from our professional policy team
- The opportunity to advance your knowledge at conferences, seminars and social events
- A quarterly subscription to Land Business – our sector magazine – keeping you up to date with member information and celebrating rural business successes
- A weekly e-newsletter with details on our latest developments and events
Discounts on goods and services
- Special rates for your property and business insurances from Lycetts
- Discount on all Ford Products exclusively for SLE members
- Preferential advertising rates in our Land Business magazine
- Free entry for professional and trade members in our comprehensive Business Directory
- New membership discounts or benefits as they become available
For a more detailed discussion on the benefits of SLE membership, please get in touch with Tony Stevenson, Head of Business, on 0131 653 5400 or email@example.com.