Helping rural Scotland thrive
Our vision is to have the true value and contribution of rural land-based businesses recognised and valued both publicly and politically. We do this by championing and supporting rural businesses that provide economic, social and environmental benefit to the countryside.
From campsites to community owners to country estates, our members represent a diverse community passionate in promoting rural Scotland, and we’ve acted as their voice for over 100 years.
Our members have businesses or interests in these vital areas, and we help them to prosper through the knowledge, advice and relationships we’re able to provide:
- Managing crops and livestock
- Providing employment and affordable housing
- Providing tourism and leisure services
- Producing wood and fibre products from timber
- Caring for landscapes, habitats and wildlife
- Maintaining and investing in built heritage
- Providing premises and infrastructure for small rural businesses
- Combating climate change
- Creating energy from renewable sources
We are here to represent members' views to politicians and other decision makers, to identify future opportunities and risks for land based businesses, to celebrate rural successes, and to provide support to those with a stake in land and property in rural Scotland. Our member network is a great way to share knowledge and good practice.