This week Richard Lochhead promised to consult Scottish farmers and keep them fully informed throughout the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) reform negotiations.
He launched a five-point plan to ensure that key stakeholders are aware of the latest developments and can make their voices heard. The five-point plan covers:
- Writing to all farmers in the next few weeks explaining what the Commission proposals are, what they mean and what the Scottish Government is doing
- A public consultation on the Commission's proposals
- A series of public meetings around Scotland where senior government officials will explain the proposals
- A new CAP section on the Scottish Government website to keep everyone up-to-date with the latest developments on the CAP negotiations
- Continuing to work with stakeholders through the Future CAP Stakeholder Group to help inform Scotland's negotiating position.
Scottish Land & Estates will be playing a full part in the ongoing debate about the proposals.