VisitScotland has published its annual occupancy performance report for 2015. The Scottish Accommodation Occupancy Survey is one of the most up-to-date and detailed sources of information for monitoring the performance of the tourism industry in Scotland.
Highlights from the report show occupancy levels by sector:
- Across all sectors, hotels have the highest occupancy rates – in 2015, room occupancy rates were 71% and bed occupancy was 52%.
- Guest Houses and B&Bs had a 47% room occupancy rate and a 40% bed occupancy rate in 2015.
- For self-catering properties, unit occupancy was 48% over 2015.
- Pitch occupancy for touring caravans/camping parks stood at 41% in 2015.
- For 2015, hostels had a bed occupancy rate of 22% across the year.
Read the full report here.