The Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform has responded to questions raised at the last Committee meeting on 28th June here.
Some key dates are as follows:
- Early August 2016 – consultation on proposals for a Register of Controlling Interests
- August/September 2016 – stakeholder workshops on guidance to landlords on consulting community groups
- Autumn 2016 – draft Land Rights and Responsibilities Statement to be consulted on and operational from 1 April 2017
- 1 April 2017 – Scottish Land Commission to be operational
- April 2017 – Crofting Community Right to Buy regulations under Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 to come into force
- June 2017 – Community Right to Buy abandoned, neglected or detrimental land regulations under Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015 to come into force