Scottish Land & Estates, in partnership with Brodies LLP, is holding a series of briefing events for members on the Land Reform Bill as passed. These events will take place as follows:
- 25 April: Raehills, St Anns, Lockerbie, DG11 1HL – Tea/coffee and biscuits from 2pm. Meeting from 2.30pm - 4.30pm.
- 26 April: The Lodge at Carfraemill, Lauder, TD2 6RA – Tea/coffee and biscuits from 5pm. Meeting from 5.30pm -7.30pm.
- 27 April: Macdonald Drummossie Hotel, Old Perth Road, Inverness IV2 5BE - Tea/Coffee and sandwiches from 12.30pm. Meeting from 1pm – 3pm.
- 28 April: The Huntingtower Hotel, Crieff Road Perth. Tea/coffee and biscuits from 5pm. Meeting from 5.30pm – 7.30pm.
- 3 May: Delgatie Castle, Delgaty, Turriff, Aberdeenshire AB53 5TD - Tea/coffee and biscuits from 5pm. Meeting from 5.30pm- 7.30pm
The 2 hour sessions will include a detailed overview of the provisions within the legislation, an explanation of what they mean in practice and a look at what will happen next. The events will provide an overview of Scottish Land & Estates’ recent and ongoing representative activity as well as clarifying the organisation’s positions on specific provisions. Speakers will include our Chairman David Johnstone and Kate McLeish, Senior Solicitor with Brodies LLP, who was seconded to the organisation for Stage 2 and 3 of the Bill, focusing on the agricultural holdings measures.
The events will also include an opportunity to question representatives from both Scottish Land & Estates and Brodies LLP on aspects of the Bill and the wider land reform agenda.