Public Meeting, Village Hall, Craighouse, Jura
Sunday 20th September 2015
18:00 – 19:45 (ferry from Jura to Islay 20:15)
The Rural Affairs, Climate Change and Environment Committee is coming to Jura as it continues its scrutiny of the Scottish Government’s Land Reform (Scotland) Bill.
This is a chance to meet with the Committee and learn more about land reform, including proposals for:
· A new right-to-buy land for sustainable development
· Improved engagement with communities
· Gathering and accessing information on those who control land
· A new land rights and responsibilities statement
· A new Scottish Land Commission
· Additional deer management powers
· Ending the current rates exemption for deer forests and shooting
· Changes to agricultural tenancy arrangements.
The Committee is keen to speak with as many people as possible to inform its scrutiny of this legislation and would like to hear from you!