On behalf of Transport Scotland, PBA is undertaking research to analyse the impacts of the Borders Railway on the communities in Midlothian and the Scottish Borders.
As part of this research they are undertaking a telephone survey of businesses within the area. This aims to build up a picture of business conditions before services commence.
This survey includes questions on:
- background information about the business and its recent performance;
- awareness of the new rail line;
- employees’ current commuting and business travel patterns;
- business’s current access to suppliers and customers; and
- anticipated impact of the re-opening of the railway.
Your responses will help to understand how new rail infrastructure can affect travel behaviour and therefore influence future policy and infrastructure investment decisions.