The Scotland Devolution Commission which is tasked with overseeing the process of devolving more powers over tax, welfare and spending to the Scottish Parliament has reported. A link to the full report is now available here:-
https://www.smith-commission.scot/smith-commission-report/ and draft legislation will follow in January at Westminster.
· control over income tax rates and bands be devolved to Holyrood and retain all income tax in Scotland, although administered by HMRC
· a share of VAT should be assigned to the Scottish Parliament, and that Air Passenger Duty should be fully devolved
· responsibility for the management of the Crown Estate’s economic assets in Scotland, and the revenue generated from these assets, will be transferred to the Scottish Parliament
· Holyrood be given powers to allow 16 and 17-year-olds to vote in Scottish elections
· the state pension, national insurance contributions and national minimum wage will remain reserved, as will fuel duty and all aspects of Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax and Corporation Tax