Total Warrior - an obstacle race held over 10km and 10mile courses at venues in Leeds and the Lake District since 2011 - is looking for a Scottish site to host the two-day event in September 2015. Total Warrior participants tackle up to 30 obstacles which combine to set the ultimate test of strength, stamina, mental determination and teamwork.
The type of site Total Warrior requires is:
- Approximately 400 acres of land, ideally with some hills or undulating areas. A wooded area is a plus, but not essential.
- Site to include an open space for event marquees and caterers.
- Ideally, some natural water features that can be used as obstacles (e.g. a lake/pond or rivers/streams) or 2-3 areas they would be permitted to dig holes to be filled with water.
- A large field or other suitable area (approx 20 acres) to be used for car parking.
- Advance access and permission to build between 20-30 temporary/removable obstacles before the race weekend.
Total Warrior commit to return the land to how they find it should there be any kind of damage done and would be happy to put potential hosts in contact with the land-owners at their other sites if you would like to talk to them about their experience of hosting Total Warrior. They prefer to commit to the venue and would therefore be looking to return annually should both parties be happy with the previous year's event.
You can learn more about the event on the website www.totalwarrior.co.uk and Facebook