In response to the draft Scottish Planning Policy (SPP), Scottish Land & Estates has encouraged the Scottish Government to support rural development across Scotland.
Summary of response:
Development plans must be deliverable
- Support for the use of processing agreements where appropriate
- Concern that rural development policy as draft will not enable development
- Welcome strong emphasis on diversification
- Support for continued protection of prime agricultural land
- Need for better support for conversion and reuse of traditional and redundant buildings in rural areas
- Support drive for delivery of accessible broadband.
A copy of our full response is available here