The 2013 Vision in Business for the Environment of Scotland Awards (VIBES) has announced the launch dates for this year’s award scheme. VIBES, which is now in its fourteenth year, aims to recognise businesses committed to employing environmental best practice in their daily activity.
The VIBES Awards recognise businesses of all sizes and sectors that have shown commitment, action and achievement in their aims to:
- improve environmental performance;
- enhance the competitiveness of their business;
- support the wider goals of sustainable development.
This year’s launch will be celebrated with a number of free events at:
- Changeworks, Edinburgh on Wednesday 1 May from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m;
- Newsprinters (Eurocentral) Limited on Wednesday 8 May from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m;
- Enviroco, Peterhead on Monday 13 May from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m.
These events will give potential VIBES candidates the opportunity to gain more information on the awards. Attendees will benefit from impartial advice from past winners of VIBES who have already been through the process as well as discover the benefits of becoming a VIBES winner. Members of the VIBES steering group will also be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
Entering the VIBES Awards is easy and businesses will be offered support to ensure the process is as simple as possible.
If you are interested in entering this years awards and you would like to attend your local VIBES launch event, please contact the Project Coordinator, Philippa Stevenson, by:
- Monday 29 April for the Changeworks event;
- Monday 6 May for the Newsprinters event;
- Thursday 9 May for the Enviroco event.