The Solway Centre for Environment & Culture, which was launched in October, brings together the study of environment and culture to create a pioneering research environment.
Based at the University of Glasgow's Dumfries Campus, the centre combines expertise in tourism, ecocriticism, heritage, cultural studies, ecology and environmental science.
The centre aims to:-
- Investigate and promote the distinct identity of South West Scotland
- Generate high-quality research, returnable under the Research Excellence Framework
- Foster partnership research at all levels - locally, nationally and internationally
- Become a national centre for environmental art.
The centre will initially focus on three research themes:-
- Rural landscape management
- Sustainable rural tourism
- Landscape, place and memory.
They are keen to hear from people and organisations interested in getting involved with the centre and also from researchers with ideas for projects.
For further information, and contact details, please click here.