The Scottish Agricultural Wages Board has confirmed increases to the minimum hourly rate for agricultural workers and hourly rates of pay for agricultural apprentices from 1 October 2012. Details of the award are as follows:
- for workers in first 26 weeks of employment a rate of not less than £6.22 per hr
- for workers employed for more than 26 weeks a rate of not less than £6.86 per hr
- hourly rate of not less than £3.81 per hr for workers during the first 12 months of employment who undertake a Level 2 Modern Apprenticeship in Agriculture;
- the additional sum payable to workers who have appropriate qualifications will be £1.04 per hour;
- the dog allowance will also increase to £5.20 per week for each dog up to a maximum of 4.