The Scottish Government is currently consulting on proposals to be included as part of the Better Regulation Bill which aims to improve the regulatory landscape and the way regulations are applied in practice across Scotland.
- Extending statutory review mechanisms to challenges against Scottish Ministers' decisions in infrastructure projects
- Linking planning application fees to the performance of the Planning Authority
- Common commencement dates (e.g. April and October)
- Reviews and ‘sunsetting’ of regulation
- Defining and implementing national standards and systems