Planning Minister Derek Mackay has this week outlined plans to improve efficiency and streamline the planning system, including linking increases in fees to improved performance by planning authorities.
In a statement to Parliament, he launched a series of consultations and measures to take planning forward following the comprehensive reform of the Scottish Planning System in 2006.
Mr Mackay launched the following consultations:
- Fees for Planning Applications
- Development Plan Examinations
- Development Delivery
- Amendments to non-domestic elements of permitted development
- Miscellaneous Amendments to the Modernised Planning System
A consultation briefing will be available for members shortly. The consultations run until 22 June 2012.
The following documents have also been published:
- Planning Reform – Next Steps
- National Planning Framework for Scotland 2 – Monitoring Report